2021 has been a crazy year! Check out our highlights :)
Atlanta Ventures - 2021 Wrapped
What an incredible year it has been. The Atlanta startup ecosystem has been booming and many Atlanta Ventures companies have seen outstanding growth, changes, and recognition. The AV family grew in many ways throughout 2021 as we were joined by new people and new companies.
Here are some highlights of the year:
Our Portfolio Grew💰
- March: Offbeat Media Group joined the AV Family.
- March: Reframe joined the AV family after a $1.4 Million Seed Round.
- May: Infinite Giving joined the AV family with a $500k pre-seed round.
- September: Grayscale joined the AV family.
- October: Hazlnut has joined the Atlanta Ventures team.
- November: Laudable has joined the AV Portfolio after a $2.95 million seed round.
- BONUS: In April, we announced our newest partner, Kathryn O’Day. Read more here and here.
Our Podcast Has Been Popping🎧
The Atlanta Story has seen some fantastic guests over the last year. Check it out and give them a share!
- Mike Smith, former head coach of the Atlanta Falcons.
- Neal Cohen, Co-Founder of Tip Top Proper Cocktails.
- Shirley Franklin, Former Mayor of Atlanta.
- Fred Castellucci, President and CEO of Castellucci Hospitality Group.
- Joe Rogers Jr, Chairman of Waffle House.
- Maurice Cherry, Principal of Lunch.
- Kyle and Brent Pease, Founders of the Kyle Pease Foundation.
- Alan Greenberg, CEO of the Illuminarium.
- Roberto Castro, Founder of Castro Golf Consulting.
- Kieran McGill, Owner of Fadó Irish Pub.
- Ryan Anderson, Founder of Georgia Votes
Our Amazing Entrepreneurs are Doing Big Things🔥
We have many incredible entrepreneurs in the Atlanta Ventures portfolio and many have been recognized during 2021. Check out some of the highlights!
- Calendly’s Founder and CEO, Tope Awotona, was named one of Insider’s top 100 business leaders.
- Gimme Vending’s VMS was named 2020 Product of the Year.
- Greenprint has helped their client, Fleetcor offset over 7.7 million tons of carbon in 6 years.
- Infinite Giving launched a non-profit investment platform.
- Laudable was backed by Y Combinator as part of its S21 batch.
- LeaseQuery, Salesloft, SingleOps, and Terminus all made the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the US.
- Musical Overture launched Gig Room, a tool that facilitates teaching music online.
- Offbeat Media Group has been pioneering content creation for the digital generation.
- Reframe was backed by Y Combinator as part of its S21 batch.
- Terminus expanded internationally, and opened a London office.
- Voxie raised a $6.7 million Series A round.
- Other AV Portfolio companies including: Copient Health, Dragon Army, Hannon Hill, Teamworks, and Intown Golf Club have been killing it and seeing great growth too!
Studio Companies Are on the Rise 📈
Greenzie: When Greenzie isn’t raking in millions of views on TikTok, you can see them making incredible robotic lawnmowers and closing raises! Check out the highlights of CBQ and Greenzie’s last three years.
Zeto: Studio entrepreneur, Christian Ries, is developing a trusted manager for your home. Having joined us in January, Christian has spent time researching the industry and has been growing a waitlist. Join the waitlist HERE.
Intown Golf Club: On April 15th, Intown Golf Club opened their first location in Buckhead. Along with a fantastic indoor golfing experience, IGC Members can indulge in premium drinks and delicious fresh food. If you're interested on becoming a member, fill out the form!
Are you interested in co-founding a company with Atlanta Ventures? Join the Studio.
Special Shoutout: Salesloft⭐
In January 2021 Salesloft raised $100M and was valued at $1.1B. Within the last year they acquired InStereo to expand sales transformation expertise and drive customer outcomes. The next big news included them surpassing $100 million in annual recurring revenue. Next, they underwent a serious rebranding effort. Most recently, they announced a strategic growth investment from Vista Equity Partners achieving a $2.3B valuation. They’ve had an incredible year!
If you want to hear more from Kyle Porter and his Salesloft journey, join us for our next event: Salesloft in the Studio, on January 26th from 8-10 AM. Spots are limited so RSVP today!
We hope you have had a relaxing and enjoyable holiday season and have stayed safe. Cheers to 2022! 🥂